If you are having problems with your Sports Tracker Heart Rate Monitor and Sports Tracker app on Apple devices, read through this troubleshooting document.
1. ISSUES ON SETUP
To first eliminate simple skin contact problems, check that:
- you have moistened the contact pads on the strap well
- the strap is tight but still comfortable
- the strap is positioned just below the chest line (on men) or just below the breasts (women).
- heart rate module is attached correctly so that the Sports Tracker logo in facing outside in upright position
HEART RATE MONITOR SMART
Problem: I do not see my Sports Tracker Heart Rate Monitor SMART or Smart sensor by Suunto in the Bluetooth devices.
- That's normal. Bluetooth SMART is a new standard designed to consume very little energy, so they are not visible for pairing like standard Bluetooth devices are. Instead, go to Sports Tracker app, Settings > Heart Rate, and select first item in the list which says "Pair" and follow instructions.
Problem: I try to setup Smart Sensor, but it is not found at all. I have selected "Pair", and pressed "Connect", and answered "HRM SMART" to the query about the model.
- There are multiple reasons that could cause this. Check first the Generic contact problems above. Then please go through this checklist carefully.
- Check that you have iPhone 4S or newer? Currently only they support Bluetooth SMART technology (also known as Bluetooth 4.0)
- Check that you have Bluetooth on. You should see small gray "B"-icon in the upper right corner, right next to iPhone's battery icon. If not visible, go to iPhone's Settings, select Bluetooth, switch it on and return to Sports Tracker to continue setup.
- Check that the Heart Rate Monitor is not already switched off. If you wait for a long time (over 30 seconds or so) before pressing "Connect", the monitor module closes itself automatically. To start it again, take it off, wait for 30 seconds, and wear it again.
- Unfortunately we've heard that some batteries that came along the new Heart Rate Monitor have been completely empty. Please try replacing the battery.
- These are rare reasons:
- If this Heart Rate Monitor has already been used on other phones, please check that it is not still connecting to it's old paired phone.
- The Heart Rate Monitor is simply physically broken. Please contact our support.
HEART RATE MONITOR 2
Problem: I try to pair, but cannot see my Heart Rate Monitor 2 in the Bluetooth devices list.
- Make sure you have the Heart Rate Monitor 2, which is using the standard Bluetooth. (If you have Heart Rate Monitor SMART, it is not visible for pairing at all)
- Check that you have charged the transmitter module with the USB-charger. It should gain full charge in less than 4 hours.
- Turn off the phone's Bluetooth and detach the transmitter module from the strap and wait for at least 30 seconds. Now the module shuts down. Turn on phone's Bluetooth and attach the transmitter module.
- If still not visible, we recommend restarting your iPhone. To do this, hold the power button for few seconds and confirm shut down with appearing swipe button. Also detach the transmitter module and put it on after you have returned to Bluetooth settings and turned the Bluetooth on again.
2. ISSUES WHILE TRACKING
Problem: There are always big changes or peaks in the heart rate:
- This means that the contact to your skin is not good or the position is wrong. Make sure you have moistened the strap's contact pads properly with water and you are wearing it tight. In dry conditions we recommend also to use a moisturizer on your skin to make sure the belt doesn't get dry during workout. Some individuals have such skin, that they need to always use contact gel on the contact pads. It is sold in the pharmacies.
- Positioning the strap on correct height is extremely important. If the strap is not just below the chest line (on men) or below the breasts (on women), it may not measure heart rate correctly.
Problem: At some point of workout, the heart rate seems to get erratic and stay that way.
- This is a typical problem on long workouts where upper body and arms are used a lot: strap simply slips slightly downwards from the optimal position. Check that strap is tight enough, and simply re-position the strap if you feel that it's not anymore in the optimal position.